Abundant sunshine, beautiful water, and friendly locals – these make up the perfect formula for a beach getaway. And if you’re heading to the Cayman Islands, you are one lucky creature because this Caribbean destination has perfected the formula with its first-class accommodations and other offerings.
If you’re staying with us here at the Sunshine Suites Resort, lucky you — that’s because you’ll have easy beach access at a boutique price. The suites are designed for your complete comfort and satisfaction, but with their strategic location, for sure, you won’t be able to resist the lure of the outdoors. Who can, especially when the sun’s shining brightly and there’s a cool breeze? Plus, the water’s sparkling as if the heaven has poured diamonds on it.
A day at the beach can be the most rewarding thing about the getaway. However, you need to be careful because it can get intensely hot in the Caribbean and some other elements may prove to be pesky.
Be prepared to handle anything that may happen during your personal time of relaxation and fun at the beach. Here is a great beach checklist to ensure your fun throughout your beach vacay:
- Buy a big tube of sunblock and mark it with basic instructions on when you should reapply to protect your skin from getting burned.
- Bring lip balm that has high SPF because your lips can get burned, too.
- Pack your hair conditioner as well for your day at the beach. This will prevent your hair from getting too dry, especially when you take a dip in the salty or chlorinated water.
- Make sure you have a refillable water bottle so it’s easy to stay hydrated while you’re out in the sun.
- Bring your sunglasses. These will help you see just fine despite the glare and they will also protect the sensitive skin around your eyes from sun damage that may lead to wrinkles and spots.
- Pack a cover-up like a sarong or a maxi dress. You might suddenly have the urge to get some grub at a fancy restaurant nearby, or the weather may suddenly change, and these will be easy and quick to throw on.
Packing a first aid kit leaves you extra prepared. Here’s what it should contain:
- Calamine lotion for bug bites or itchy rashes
- Hand sanitizer
- Instant ice pack to treat bumps, bruises and sprains
- Tea tree oil or another kind of antiseptic
- Adhesive bandages in assorted sizes and even gauze pads
- A small bottle of Castile soap
- Cotton balls and Q-tips
- Tweezers (for splinters)
- Pain medication
- Alcohol wipes
You’ll also want to bring the following in your beach bag:
- Baby powder (for easily getting sand off your skin)
- Beach blanket
- Wet bag
- Ziploc baggies for your gadgets
- Your favorite gadgets
This checklist pretty much covers everything for a summer’s day at the beach. Have fun!
If you haven’t booked your stay with us yet, now is the time. We have great rates available. Scroll up to use our online booking engine, or give us a call now to make your reservations at: 1-345-814-1717