There is literally nothing else you’ll need to have some sweet summertime fun when you are at Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach features unbelievably beautiful coral sand, and has been tagged as “The Caribbean’s Best Beach” by Life Magazine.
The beach continues to draw accolades from guests and travel websites, year after year. Despite the name of the beach, Seven Mile Beach is actually only 5.5 miles long (plenty of space for everyone!) and is regarded as the best destination for anyone who wants a real taste of summer at the Caribbean.
What is even more important is that the government of the Cayman Islands has recently announced that they are now entering Phase 5 of the Border Reopening Plan.
With the reintroduction of cruise tourism, the information needed to make informed travel decisions can be found below. Due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Cayman Islands Government, border decisions, will continue to be evaluated and processes are subject to change.
Who Can Travel:
- All vaccinated travelers (securely and non-securely verifiable)
- Unvaccinated Caymanians, Residents and Work Permit Holders
- Visitors who have close ties to the country (Persons who own local properties and businesses, or who are a spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, child, grandchild, step-child, or grandparent of a Caymanian or Resident)
- Unvaccinated children (under 12) accompanied by a vaccinated person
- Cruise Travelers
Who Cannot Travel:
- Unvaccinated tourist visitors (including unvaccinated tourist visitor children age 12 and over) who do not have close ties to the country
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated tourist visitor children (i.e. under the age of 12)
Traveling with Children
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years old will assume the vaccination status of their adult travel companions.
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years old will be subject to the 60% rule for rate of vaccination of the country from which they are travelling.
- All children age 12 years and over are required to be vaccinated to be exempt from quarantine.
Applying To Travel
All travelers are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
Unvaccinated travelers and non-securely verified travelers who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose are required to apply no less than 5 days prior to departing for the Islands.
Securely verified fully vaccinated travelers and non-securely verified travelers who are travelling from a country where the vaccination rate is above 60% for the first dose are required to apply no less than 72 hours prior to departing for the Islands.
Please Note: When checking-in for a flight to the Cayman Islands, all passengers must present their:
- travel authorization certificate issued by Travel Cayman
- their negative PCR test or antigen-detecting rapid diagnostic test result from a registered provider, taken no earlier than the day before departure
- passport and any other standard documents required for travel
Note: The requirement for a travel application does not apply to cruise travelers
All incoming travelers aged 5 years and over must provide a negative result from a PCR or certified antigen-detecting rapid diagnostic test (LFT) taken no earlier than the day before departure.
Do I Need to Quarantine?
Seven (7) days of quarantine is required for:
- Unvaccinated travelers (age 12 years and over) along with all unvaccinated members of their household.
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated children who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose of the vaccine quarantining with unvaccinated persons.
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated children who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose of the vaccine quarantining with vaccinated persons.
- Travelers with non-securely verifiable vaccination records who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose of the vaccine.
Vaccinated household members are not required to quarantine but will be required to undergo daily LFT for 7 days if they will leave the premises.
We will keep providing new updates as they become available. We hope you will join us to enjoy all of the great activities at Seven Mile Beach and more by booking a room today at the Sunshine Suites Resort near Seven Mile Beach – enjoy world class amenities, great sights, a great beach and best of all, endless summertime possibilities.
Visit the Special Offers page today and book your stay at the Sunshine Suites Resort at the Grand Cayman Island.