The Cayman Islands is a BOT (British Overseas Territory) located in the Caribbean Sea. There are three islands here: the Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. The Cayman Islands is proximate to Cuba, Jamaica, and the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.
The island’s capital is called George Town, which is located in the Grand Cayman. The Grand Cayman is also home to the largest percentage of inhabitants of the BOT. In addition to being a great place for vacationers, the Grand Cayman Islands is also considered a financial haven for a lot of global businesses as well as wealthy people.
The Cayman Islands is located specifically at the western Caribbean Sea. The islands are actually the peaks of a massive undersea mountain range called the Cayman Ridge, or the Cayman Rise.
Imagine – you will literally be landing on top of the mountain while still enjoying the sea. Nature is truly amazing. Another great thing about the Cayman Islands is how close it is to Costa Rica and Cuba. The nearest landmass however, is the Canerreos Archipelago and the Jardines de la Reina archipelago.
Why Visit the Cayman Islands?
Some compelling reasons to visit the Cayman Islands soon are:
- World class food and the best place for foodies and for folks who simply love good food.
- You can visit the legendary Camana Bay, which is a mixed-used community that has the best nightlife in the Cayman Islands. Located at the Grand Cayman Island, there are plenty of restaurants and bars here, as well as a well-loved movie theater. If you have ever wanted to know what modern Caribbean looks like, come over to Camana Bay.
- Seven Mile Beach remains a top destination for people visiting the Caribbean and it has been described as “intoxicatingly beautiful,” which also makes it a beautiful choice for beach weddings and other events. There are no big crowds and if you have been looking for peace and true relaxation, it’s time to see what Seven Mile Beach has to offer.
- Get a chance to marvel at the sister islands, the Cayman Brac and the Little Cayman. The natural environment and food are bound to keep you coming back for more!
- You can visit historic George Town, the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands, and the Mission House for a taste of true Caymanian history and culture. There’s plenty to do here, not just diving, surfing, and the like.
- Go on a great adventure at the Cayman Islands as this place is the world capital for diving. Visit the Crystal Caves at the Grand Cayman Island and there’s also an opportunity to do some kiteboarding along the way. For lovers of the sea, don’t forget to check out Stingray City, where you can interact with stingrays in their natural environment.
Book Your Room at the Sunshine Suites Resort
Of course, you need a great place to stay at the Grand Cayman Island when you come visit. And for that, you have the Sunshine Suites Resort – a stunning and well-deserved break from the hustle and bustle of modern life.
With well-prepared lodgings and a short walk from the beach, the Sunshine Suites Resort is your top choice for quality boutique lodging for a longer, more enjoyable vacation. Visit our Special Offers page right now and book a room to begin your dream vacation.